Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Saying Goodbye

This was the hardest part. Leaving our family and friends was painful. In St. Petersburg we had a huge group of friends we loved to spend time with. As soon as the Guam move was finalized we tried to take full advantage of our time left in the States.

My best friend, former roommate, and travel buddy, Dre, came to visit me from Detroit for a weekend in St. Pete. We had an awesome time bike riding, kayaking, and catching up!

I was lucky enough to spend some quality time with the Gast family.

I had a blast with these two cuties, Griffin and Lucy! They are growing up so fast I cannot believe it! I went and had lunch with Griffin at school. It was so much fun to see him interact with all his classmates. He even made the first basket at his basketball game, I was one proud Auntie!! Lucy is very talkative and sweet. We had fun doing arts and crafts together (which she LOVES). My sister, Christi, I want to thank for showing me how to sew a button, as I have never been very crafty. We spent the days meditating and doing yoga, her positivity really helped calm my nerves about Guam!They were fostering a 2-week old liter of puppies while I was there, it was so much fun.
Two weeks before we left our friends took us sailing for the day in St. Pete. It was the perfect Florida day. Jay had a blast with the kids as always.
We boogied down at Brooke's (Jay's niece) 13th DJ Birthday Party. I even did the Electric Slide!
We had an amazing send off party the weekend before we left. Nearly 40 people showed up, it was such a treat to have all our good friends in one spot to say goodbye.




Our friend, Kirsty, made us this spectacular cake in the shape of Guam. It was the perfect send off. Thanks to all the love and support from our family and friends, we found the courage to move to a little island in the South Pacific that is 9,000 miles from home. And on a final note, looks like we found a condo!!














No comments:

Post a Comment